All students must recognise that good attendance and punctuality will maximise achievement and enhance not only their learning experience but also develop their employability skills. Students who arrive late disrupt their own learning and that of others. High expectations of attendance and punctuality will be required by future employers and therefore we need our staff to set and enforce high expectations for attendance and punctuality. We strive to achieve a minimum attendance rate of 90%.
There are 6 main principles on which this policy is based and which underpin the College’s approach to student attendance and punctuality:
- All classes start and end on time
- Learning is not disrupted by absent staff
- Student attendance and punctuality is managed consistently across the whole college
- Punctuality and full attendance should be a benchmark by which the quality of provision is measured
- A positive and proactive approach should be made to maximise student attendance and punctuality
- Celebrate good attendance and punctuality at every opportunity
- Attendance and Punctuality Procedures.